Monday, January 31, 2011

S'mores Brownies

Last Tuesday my husband called me 2 hours before his church activity to tell me he offered to bring dessert for 40 kids. We had just returned from a vacation and my little 3 year old wasn't feeling well that day, so it had been over a week since I'd done my grocery shopping. I was out of everything, or so I thought. I opened up my pantry hoping for inspiration and I saw a brownie mix, marshmallows, a hershey's bar, and graham crackers....voila!...s'mores brownies for a crowd!*fyi-I tripled the brownie mix recipe (I had the big Costco Ghirardelli box) and used a jelly roll pan when I made these, so if you're making them for less than 40, feel free to scale down the ingredient amounts.

S'mores Brownies:
Ingredients:
  • brownie mix
  • 12 graham crackers
  • 4 king size Hershey's bars, broken into individual pieces
  • 1 large bag mini-marshmallows

Method:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease jelly roll pan generously or line with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
  • Make brownies according to package directions.
  • Pour half brownie mix into pan, then layer the graham crackers, followed by the Hershey's bars, and finally the marshmallows.
  • Pour the remaining half of the brownie mixture on top of marhsmallows.
  • Bake for approx. 45 minutes then let them cool completely before removing them from the pan.

2 comments:

  1. These look SO GOOD! I am a huge smores fan! : )YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those brownies sound fantastic, just stuffed with yummy goodness. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your brownies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete