Sunday, January 2, 2011

Cindy's Rolls

A friend of mine emailed and asked me to post my favorite bread recipes because her New Year's resolution is to make more homemade bread for her family. I immediately thought of this recipe, which is my absolute FAVORITE roll/cinnamon roll recipe and was given to me by my husband's best friend's mom, Cindy. I remember Steven talking about Cindy's rolls back when we were dating and when we were engaged, he told me that I MUST learn to make them. They really are extemely delicious and I can't believe I haven't posted this recipe yet! Here you go...
Cindy's Rolls
Method & Ingredients:
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1 cup evaporated milk
  • 4 tablespoons yeast
  • 1 tablespoon sugar

Mix above ingredients together ( Bosch or Kitchenaid both work great) and wait 5-10 minutes for yeast to bubble.

  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 cups flour

Mix these ingredients and add to the first mixture.

  • 1 cup softened butter
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 4 cups flour

Add these to the first mixture. Let your mixer run for 10 minutes on medium speed. Divide dough into sections and make into rolls ( I divide the dough into 3 sections, then squeeze each section into a long log, cut each log into about 12 small balls and squeeze each dough ball out into a long rope, then tie it in a knot-like shape so it looks pretty). Place rolls onto greased baking sheets, cover with a towel and let rise approx. 2 hours. Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 10 minutes (until just browned on bottom).

*Also, I would love to see who reads this blog, so click on the link to the right and become a follower. Feel free to leave me a comment and request any recipes you'd like me to post!

1 comment: