Saturday, January 1, 2011

Tortellini Salad


I doubled the recipe (given to me by my friend Jolisa) and made this pasta salad for my New Year's party last night. It's pretty simple and only took about 10 minutes to prepare. You can serve it immediately while its warm or put it in the fridge and serve it cold. It's a great compliment to any main dish; I served it along with pizza, buffalo wings, and breadsticks. Yes, the diet starts today!
Ingredients:
1 pkg. 9 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese (1 inch balls/cubes)
1 jar (7 1/2 ounces marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained)
1 can 6 ounces pitted ripe olives, drained
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup prepared pesto
3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
Method:
1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
2. Drain tortellini; add to cheese mixture and toss to coat. Serve warm or refrigerate until chilled.Makes 9 servings.

1 comment:

  1. We served this at my sons birthday party and it was a hit! The white tortellini, an orange bell pepper and black olives were perfect to go along with the Halloween theme.

    ReplyDelete