Thursday, February 3, 2011

Homemade Mac n' Cheese

If there's one food I can count on my kids gobbling up, it's macaroni and cheese. Their dad is to blame for this. When I have meetings on Sundays after church and leave him with the kids, he will always make them "Easy Mac" for lunch. I can't complain though because, hey, at least I don't have to come up with something! When I was cleaning out my pantry last week and saw that I had a large bag of elbow macaroni that expired in 2 days, I immediately thought to make a big pan of mac n' cheese. It was super quick to prepare, super tasty, and I felt much better about my family having something homemade on Sunday afternoon.Mom's Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Ingredients:
  • 1 (16 ounce) package macaroni
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 pound shredded colby cheese

Method:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  • Place macaroni in a 2 quart casserole dish. Stir in cheese soup and milk until well combined. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
  • Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is brown and bubbly.

1 comment:

  1. Hi:) I found you through Made famous by blog-I'm hooked!! I think I looked through your whole blog and found several recipes I want to try:)

    ReplyDelete