- 2 & 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 & 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 4 & 1/2 cups flour
- 1 & 1/4 tsp. salt
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- Add flour and dry ingredients.
- Roll out and use cookie cutters to cut into shapes.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. (I like to under cook my sugar cookies a little because if they cook too long, they become hard and crunchy).
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 cups powder sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup)butter
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Cream powder sugar, butter, and cream cheese together.
- Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach the consistency you like.
- Keep frosting refrigerated. Before use, remove frosting from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for approx. 10 minutes so it's a spreadable consistency.