Easy French Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tbsp. yeast
- 3 cups hot water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl (I use a Kitchenaid so I just dump all the ingredients in my mixer and let it do all the work).
- Add water and oil.
- Add 2 tablespoons yeast.
- Let dough rise uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add 7 cups flour and let mixer run on low for 6 minutes.
- Form the dough into 2 big or 3 small loaves on greased cookie sheets. (Dough will be sticky so put some flour on your hands and form the loaves into oval shapes).
- Cover with a towel and let rise until double in size, about 2 hours.
- Make 3 diagonal slits with a knife into center of each loaf to avoid air bubbling on top of the loaf. (and it also looks pretty).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes.
- Let it cool on racks, slice, and serve.