Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies

I think I've tried every possible recipe for peanut butter cookies, so I can honestly say this is my favorite recipe! I found it in a magazine at Christmas time, so in stead of the usual fork-prong design, they suggested using the edge of a fork to make a star pattern. I thought it was so pretty and I've been doing it ever since...who cares if it's not Christmas, stars are always "in season" right?

Irreisistible Peanut Butter Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup Crisco (I always use butter-flavored)
  • 1 & 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 3 tbsp. milk
  • 1 tbsp. vanilla extract (If you can find Mexican vanilla, I highly recommend it. I get it at Cost Plus World Market and it tastes amazing)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 & 3/4 cups flour
  • 3/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp. salt

Method:

  • Heat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in a bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
  • Add egg and beat until blended.
  • Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed.
  • Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheet.
  • Flatten slightly and draw star pattern with edge of fork.
  • Bake 7-8 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown.
  • Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet then remove cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
  • Makes 3 dozen cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment