Irreisistible Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Crisco (I always use butter-flavored)
- 1 & 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract (If you can find Mexican vanilla, I highly recommend it. I get it at Cost Plus World Market and it tastes amazing)
- 1 large egg
- 1 & 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in a bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add egg and beat until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheet.
- Flatten slightly and draw star pattern with edge of fork.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet then remove cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Makes 3 dozen cookies