Friday, June 10, 2011

Homemade Croutons

Back in my college days, I worked at cafe in the business building on campus...it was a tedious job and luckily I only worked there a year before I landed my dream job where I got payed to do my homework. However, I did learn a lot of great lessons regarding food prep and some great recipes as well. I use this one most often because I love salads and I don't think you can have a great salad without some great croutons! I never buy croutons because it's just so easy and cheap to make my own!




Brittney's Homemade Croutons:



Ingredients:




  • 2-4 slices white bread (depending on the size of the salad)


  • 2-3 tbsp. olive oil


  • 1-2 tsp. minced garlic


  • salt & pepper to taste


Method:





  • slice bread into small cubes.


  • Mix bread cubes with olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper until everything is combined.


  • Transfer to a heated sillet. Cook croutons 1-2 minutes on each side until toasted.


  • Add to your favorite salad and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment