Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Three Grain Muffins

My grandparents came and stayed with me for a week over Thanksgiving and every time they visit, my grandpa calls to make sure I have a box of All-Bran in my pantry waiting for him. I didn't want the box to go to waste after they left last week, so I found this recipe for bran muffins and it made enough to feed an army! If you make these, you can keep the dough in the refrigerator for up to 1 week and just bake a dozen or so every morning and you can have hot muffins for breakfast every day!Three Grain Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 2 cups crushed shredded wheat
  • 2 cups All-Bran
  • 4 cups buttermilk
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
  • 5 cups all-purpose flour
  • 5 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Method:

  • In a large bowl, combine the oats, Shredded Wheat, and bran. Add the buttermilk, water, oil, and eggs; stir for 1 minute. Stir in the brown sugar. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; add to the oat mixture and stir well.
  • Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment