Friday, October 29, 2010

My favorite frosting

I've signed up to bring cupcakes to three different Halloween parties this year, so I went looking for a different frosting recipe than my usual Betty Crocker cookbook one. I came across this recipe given to me by a friend a few years ago and it was so easy to make and so delicious. It would be especially good on banana or red velvet cupcakes, but I used it on top of vanilla cupcakes and it was great too.
ingredients:
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1 package (16 oz.) powdered sugar
method:
beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add sugar, beating well after each edition.
*keep refrigerated*

No comments:

Post a Comment